Dutai Logistics Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”) recognizes the need to protect personal information, and abides by the Cybersecurity Law of the People's Republic of China, and all other laws, regulations and guidelines (hereinafter referred to as “laws, regulations, etc.”). We have established this Policy to ensure sufficient and adequate protection for the personal information that we handle in the course of our business activities.
1. Intended Use of Personal Information
We fairly and lawfully collect personal information. The personal information obtained shall be used within the scope of the following purposes, except when permitted by laws, regulations, etc.
(1) Personal information about clients and other trading partners
a. For correspondence concerning the provision of our services, negotiations, concluding of contracts, placement of orders, settlement of accounts, development of systems, and other processes;
b. For business activities related to the services provided by us and companies in our Group, marketing activities, public relations, etc.
(2) Personal information about shareholders
a. For the exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations in accordance with the Companies Act;
b. For the issuing of complimentary tickets, etc.;
c. For the running and recording of shareholders meetings;
d. For the implementation of policies for facilitating relations between us and shareholders;
e. For the management of information about shareholders.
(3) Personal information concerning applicants for vacancies, retirees, and applicants for internships
a. For procedures, correspondence , etc. necessary for filling vacant positions(vacancies);
b. For procedures, correspondence, etc. necessary for and after retirement.
c. For procedures, correspondence, etc. concerning internships.
(4) Personal information about members of the board and employees (regular employees, contract-based employees, part-time workers, employees seconded from other companies, temporary employees)
a. For our (own) management and that of the companies in our Group;
b. For our business activities and other activities and those of the companies in our Group.
(5) Personal information concerning other stakeholders
a. For procedures, correspondence, etc. concerning activities related to our corporate social responsibilities.
2. Provision to Third Parties
We shall not provide any personal information in our possession without the consent of the person concerned to any outside corporation or individual (hereinafter referred to as “third party”), except in the following cases:
(1) Provision to joint users
There may be instances where personal information is jointly used by us and companies in our Group within the scope necessary for achieving an intended purpose.
a. Personal information subject to joint use:
Name, date of birth, age, gender, identification photograph, address, telephone number, e-mail address, affiliations, department, position, qualifications, etc.
b. Joint users:
Companies in our Group, including subsidiaries and affiliated companies.
c. Intended use:
As per the above-mentioned, intended use of personal information.
d. Entity responsible for managing personal information:
Yusen Logistics (China) Co., Ltd.
(2) Provision to contractors:
There may be instances where we provide the handling of personal information, in whole or by portion, to a third party within the scope necessary for achieving an intended purpose. In the event we provide the handling of personal information to a third party, we shall exercise due care in selecting the contractor, and shall strive to manage and supervise to ensure that the personal information is handled in a proper manner by the said third party.
(3) Provision in accordance with laws and regulations
(4) Instances where personal information is provided for the sake of protecting lives, physical wellbeing and property when the consent of the person concerned is difficult to obtain
(5) Instances where personal information is especially necessary for improving public health and promoting the sound upbringing of children when the consent of the person concerned is difficult to obtain
(6) Instances where it is necessary to cooperate with the execution of legally specified duties of a government agency, local public body, or person entrusted thereby when the gaining of the consent of the person concerned might impede the execution of the said duties
(7) Instances where personal information is provided for the continuation of operations following a merger or other such cause
3. Our Framework for Protecting Personal Information
(1) We have put in place a framework for protecting personal information to ensure the due and proper management and protection of the personal information in our possession.
(2) We shall exercise proper care in the handling of the personal information in our possession in accordance with the laws, regulations, etc.
(3) We shall regularly conduct training and education concerning the protection of personal information for our members of the board and employees, in order to prevent any leakage or unintended use, etc. of personal information.
(4) We shall review and refine this Policy in the event of amendments to laws, regulations, etc. and or under social circumstances.